April 15, 2013
Greetings and Salutations,
We are struggling with intermittent Internet. Frustrating!
Nevertheless, we had a good first day with the project but I have an aside first. Last Monday before traveling, John Teusink from the hospital wrote and described a problem with the X-ray unit. I quickly contacted a supplier of batteries for the machine and purchased two of them. I stuffed them in my luggage and they came with no problem.
The first thing we did is find the bad battery among the 30 and carefully replaced it. It took some exposures and it worked but the KVp calibration was way off. I let the system charge for 4 hours and did the calibration procedure. It is not perfect but it works.
Just as I finished, the X-ray tech needed a chest x-ray and things worked well. Timing is everything! We discussed the layout of the battery inverter system and after much deliberation it was arranged. Not a few minutes later another doctor came by and was not happy I stole his area he wanted for doing ultrasound exams. We proceeded with due diligence and got the big pieces in one room hung on the wall. I did some internal wiring meanwhile.
We are well but it is HOT and humid.